To be eligible for any activity sponsored by MHSA or FHS, including athletics, drama, music, student government, or any other school-sponsored activity that requires practice on a regular basis outside the regular school day, a student must meet all of the following criteria:
· The student is encouraged to be enrolled in six classes per day.
· Required to be in physical attendance at Flathead in at least two classes.
· At minimum four of the classes must be reflected on the high school transcript, and the other two classes must be reflected on the transcript from the institution.
· The student must not have received a semester unsatisfactory “U”, conditional “X”, incomplete “I”, failing “F”, or no credit “N” in any of the classes completed during the previous semester.
· The student must have been enrolled in an educational program the previous semester.
· Students who do not pass all of their classes, but do pass 4 classes have an opportunity to make up the failed classes through summer school or correspondence courses.
· All students who transfer from another accredited high school outside of Kalispell Public Schools will have their initial eligibility determined by current MHSA policy, which is passing 4 classes.
· On the first day of a new semester, eligibility for activities shall be determined according to the Kalispell academic eligibility policy. A student may become eligible by completing course work that would improve a grade to passing in a class.